Pre-announcement丨Competition for Conceptual Design of Dapeng Public Affairs Center (tentative name)
This pre-announcement intents to publish the relevant information regarding the Competition for Conceptual Design of Dapeng Public Affairs Center(tentative name) in advance and allow potential competitors to have sufficient time to get prepared for the upcoming competition. The pre-announcement is subject to the content of the official competition announcement.
(1) Project name: Dapeng Public Affairs Center (tentative name)
(2) Land use profile: The site of the project is located in the northwest of the intersection of Jinling Road and planned Jinye North Road in Kuichong Central District, Dapeng New District, Shenzhen. The land area is about 77,174 square meters, including 37,991 square meters of forbidden construction area and orange line affected area, and 39,183 square meters of constructable land.
(3) Item design: Including Public Security Command Center，Archives and Local Records Museum, Traffic Police Brigade.
(4) Construction scale: The total construction area is 178,329 square meters, including 112,337 square meters above ground and 65,992 square meters underground (tentative, the underground area mainly includes equipment room, parking and civil air defense, which can be adjusted according to the specific scheme).
Figure 1-1 Location
Figure 1-2 Detailed location
Figure 1-3 Aerial photos of project land
Green Building in Geographical Context
With the concept and strategies of green environmental protection to guide the the whole process of the construction group building of Dapeng Public Affairs Center (tentaive name) , which contains Dapeng chronicles archive (classics and history) and public security and traffic police (safety and traffic lifeline), show the features of Kuichong mountain and sea meridians, Dapeng seashore and Shenzhen east rich historic context.
- How to get rid of the stereotypical image of administrative buildings and make them more close to the people and have contemporary regional characteristics of Lingnan?
- How to deal with terrain elevation difference, establish building the relationship of construction group, and maintain urban-mountain view?
（1）阶段安排 Stage arrangement
Shortlisted Brief Scheme Stage
The competition is open and invited. 8 shortlisted joint teams will be selected to win the shortlisted prize and enter the Conceptual Scheme Stage. Among the 8 shortlisted joint teams, 5 are selected by open registration and 3 by invitation. The three invited design agencies are required to form a joint team with other design agencies to qualify for the Conceptual scheme Stage. Open entries and invited joint teams are required to submit a brief scheme for evaluation. The brief scheme should be based on the analysis of the existing urban design guidelines and competition task book, and propose improvement suggestions and draft concepts for evaluation.
Conceptual Scheme Stage
Under the determined competition task book and urban design guidelines, the candidates should propose architectural conceptual design scheme for evaluation. The Experts Review Comittee will select three preferred joint teams. The Conceptual Scheme Stage will remain open for free joint teams to register（The team that failed in the shortlisted brief scheme stage can continue to register as free joint team）. Free joint team will not receive the Shortlisted Brief Stage Prize.
Review and optimization Stage
The evaluation committee will review the results of the competition and confirm the winning plan. The first winning joint team shall optimize the scheme according to the opinions of all parties.
（2）报名要求 Registration requirements
1) Qualification requirements: Design agencies with relevant design experience at home and abroad can sign up for the competition. Application of individuals and teams of individuals is not accepted.
2）Team requirements: As the competition project is a collection of several individual projects, it is also required that two or more design agencies should be enrolled as a joint team to participate in the competition. The joint team should have the division of labor and combination of “overall design coordination + different individual architects”, so as to achieve the overall sense of mutual connection of the construction group, and meet the design requirements of different parts (including progress) . Each member of the consortium shall not join another consortium with other design agencies to apply.
（3）竞赛奖金 Competition Prize
1) Prize for Shortlisted Brief Scheme Stage:
- The eight shortlisted joint teams will each receive 500,000 RMB.
2) Prize for Conceptual Scheme and Review Stage
- 第二名、 第三名联合团队均获得70万元人民币
- The joint team of the first place will get 2.3 million RMB (including the cost of scheme optimization).
- The joint team of second and third place will each receive 700,000 RMB.
The above is the tentative schedule, and the actual arrangement is subject to the official competition announcement.
Note: All time is subject to Beijing time. The Organizer reserves the right to adjust the agenda. Any change will be notified in advance.
The results of this competition are not related to the implementation of the contract in the next stage. In the next stage, the bidding assignment of each sub project will be based on the optimization results of the competition, and the bid winner will cooperate with the winning team according to the relevant requirements of the new district government to implement the winning results of the competition.
The competition is planned to be officially announced in mid March, and the specific competition content is subject to the official announcement.
(1) 主办方 Host
Shenzhen Dapeng New District Management Committee
(2) 承办方 Organizer
Dapeng Administration Bureau of Shenzhen Municipal of planning and natural resources
(3) 项目使用单位 Project users
Dapeng branch of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau
Dapeng brigade of traffic police detachment of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau
Shenzhen Dapeng New District Office Affairs Management Center
(4) 竞赛组织单位 Co-organizer
联系方式 Enquiry Tel：
座机 0755-8653 5194
Mrs Cai: 13590410014
Mr. Fu: 13923439321
Consultation time: Monday to Friday, Beijing time, 9:00-12:00,14:00-18:00
咨询邮箱 Enquiry E-mail:
The official competition announcement will be released soon and the global design teams are welcome for pre-registration. The agency with intention can scan the QR code below or click “Read more” to fill in the pre-registration information, We will also inform you by email when the official competition announcement is released.